Although it may appear to be simple, conducting a training session requires specific skills and knowledge of how people learn. Trainers who have taken the time to consider their own approaches, understandings, and skills will be better equipped to provide comprehensive, active and effective training courses. This training program provides the groundwork for trainers to begin developing and refining their training and facilitation skills using a variety of methods to deliver the best learning experiences and improve learner engagement and retention. Over time, trainers will develop their practical skills further because of this course.
- Self-discovery and critique
- Group exploration and facilitator led discussions
- Practical exercises
- Questioning periods and review
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Different attitudes, skills, and knowledge a professional trainer requires.
- List the roles and responsibilities of a professional trainer.
- Explain the importance of the seven characteristics of outstanding trainers.
- Explain how adults learn.
- Identify the three most common learning styles and
- select appropriate learning strategies to accommodate each style.
- Use Neuro-linguistic Patterning techniques to engage learners.
- Determine if a performance issue is a genuine training need or not.
- Determine whether to design or purchase off the shelf materials.
- Write observable performance objectives.
- Identify appropriate training methods.
- Get training sessions off to a good start.
- Use introductions and summaries to reinforce learning.
- Facilitate activities, role plays, and icebreakers.
- Use their body language and voice tone effectively.
- Handle pre-training nervousness.
- Use techniques to get participants back on time from breaks and lunch.
- Identify tough participants and use appropriate techniques to manage them.
- Explain how Gen X and Gen Y Generations prefer to learn.
Potential and existing trainers who want to be certified trainers and upscale their trainers’ skills and capabilities.